This is the updated list of the Italian Serie A players tested positive with the Coronavirus COVID-19. The first case with Coronavirus was Juventus defender Daniele Rugani on 11 March 2020. Players followed a self-isolation as a precautionary measure to avoid contaminating others.
👉 Last update: Thursday 7 May 2020
JUVENTUS FC (3)
- Defender Daniele Rugani (Wednesday 11 March 2020)
- Midfielder Matuidi Blasise (Tuesday 17 March 2020)
- Forward Paulo Dybala (Saturday 21 March 2020)
SAMPDORIA (7 +4)
- Forward Manolo Gabbiadini (Thursday 12 March 2020)
- Defender Omar Colley (Friday 13 March 2020)
- Midfielder Albin Ekdal (Friday 13 March 2020)
- Forward Antonino La Gumina (Friday 13 March 2020)
- Midfielder Morten Thorsby (Friday 13 March 2020)
- Defender Fabio Depaoli (Saturday 14 March 2020)
- Defender Bartosz Bereszynski (Saturday 14 March 2020)
- NOTE: The club doctor Amedeo Baldari have also tested positive for the Coronavirus COVID-19 (Friday 13 March 2020)
- NOTE: On Thursday 7 May 2020, Sampdoria informed three more positive cases of COVID-19 and 1 testing again positive. All of the asymptomatic and the names were not revealed.
FIORENTINA (3 +6)
- Dusan Vlahovic (Friday 13 March 2020)
- Patrick Cutrone (Saturday 14 March 2020)
- German Pezzella (Saturday 14 March 2020)
- NOTE: Fiorentina physiotherapist Stefano Dainelli also positive with COVID-19 on Saturday 14 March 2020.
- NOTE: On Thursday 7 May 2020, Fiorentina announced there were 6 players testing positive after the tests conducted on Wednesday 6 May including 3 players and 3 staff.
HELLAS VERONA (1)
- Midfielder Mattia Zacagni (Tuesday 17 March 2020)
AC MILAN (1)
- Daniel Maldini (Saturday 21 March 2020)
- Note: Ex-Captain Paolo Maldini, the club’s Technical Director, also tested positive.
- Goalkeeper Marco Sportiello (Tuesday 2 March 2020)
- One player confirmed positive with COVID-19. The Club decided to keep the name of the player private (reportedly, Italian player) . The test was conducted on Wednesday 6 May ahead of the first day training after the outbreak. (Thursday 7 May 2020).
Sampdoria forward Manolo Gabbiadini second Serie A player with Coronavirus, Thursday 12 March 2020
Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi tested positive with Coronavirus COVID-19, Tuesday 17 March 2020
Atalanta confirms goalkeeper Marco Sportiello tested positive to Coronavirus COVID-19, Tuesday 24 March 2020