Hello, my friends. Here are the 2019-2020 Serie A Week 8 RESULTS / Eighth Round on Saturday 19, Sunday 20, and Monday 21 October 2019.
➡️ Up to Serie A Week 8: There is a three-way race between Juventus (22), Inter (21), and Atalanta (17)
Juventus keeping the first position after defeating Bologna with a 2-1 at the Allianz Stadium. The Scudetto race continues and all three teams Juventus, Inter, and Atalanta pursuing their objective to win the Scudetto.
- 👉 Curiosity…. too much in common: Two debuts and two birthdays. Claudio Ranieri was born on 20 October 1951 in Rome, Italy. Stefano Pioli was born on 20 October 1965 in Parma, Italy. Ranieri is the new Sampdoria coach and Pioli is the new AC Milan coach. AC Milan is playing against Lecce at the San Siro Stadium and Sampdoria playing AS Roma at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium. Ranieri celebrating his debut and birthday with a goalless draw. Pioli celebrating his birthday also with a draw, but with a 2-2.
A roller coaster at the Olimpico Stadium! Atalanta dominating the first half scoring 3 goals while Lazio could not awake. In the second half, another story, Lazio woke up and in less than 3 minutes scored 2 goals for the 2-3. Lazio managed to draw 3-3 causing a headache to Atalanta who thought they had the victory….. A superb performance by Lazio forward Ciro Immobile scoring two goals keeping the top scorer position with 9 goals.
Napoli gaining momentum and points to climb the Serie A Standing. Napoli defeating Hellas Verona at the San Paolo Stadium with a 2-0. Napoli reaching 16 points and this is still a long way to catch up with Juventus. Napoli is -6 points below Juventus having 22 points. Pressure is for Coach Carlo Ancelotti to keep morale of the team and not slowing down.
Great news for Cagliari! Yep, Cagliari climbing to the 5th position reaching 14 points after defeating SPAL at the Sardegna Arena with a 2-0 goals by Radja Nainggolan and Paolo Farago. The victory helping Cagliari climbing the Serie A Standing from the 7th to the 5th position. SPAL suffering their third lost goes down from the 17th to the 18th position in the relegation zone.
The bad news is for AS Roma because they stepped down from the 5th to the 6th position after their goalless draw with Sampdoria at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium.
Udinese also celebrating after defeating Torino with the goal by Stefano Okaka ending with a 1-0. Udinese climbing from the 14th to the 11th position reaching 10 points while Torino went down from the 9th to the 10th position.
Italian Serie A Tickets for next 10 games
Results from Serie A Week 8
- Lazio 3 – 3 Atalanta
- Napoli 2 – 0 Hellas Verona
- Juventus 2 – 1 Bologna
- Sassuolo 3 – 4 Inter
- Cagliari 2 – 0 SPAL
- Sampdoria 0 – 0 AS Roma
- Udinese 1 – 0 Torino
- Parma 5 – 1 Genoa
- AC Milan 2 – 2 Lecce
- Brescia 0 – 0 Fiorentina
⚽️ Serie A Top Scorer up to Week 8:
Lazio forward Ciro Immobile with 9 goals
Top Serie A teams standing AFTER Serie A Week 1 game. First 4 qualifying for Champions League, 5 and 6 for Europa League. (Up to Sunday 20 October 2019)
– INTER, 2nd position with 21 points and a positive goal difference of +11
– ATALANTA, 3rd positions with 17 points and a positive goal difference of +8
– CAGLIARI, 5th position with 14 points and a positive goal difference of +5
– AS ROMA, 6th position with 13 points and a positive goal difference of +2
– SPAL, 18th position with 6 points and a negative goal difference of -9
– GENOA, 19th position with 5 points and a negative goal difference of -7
– SAMPDORIA, 20th position with 4 points and a negative goal difference of -12
2019 – 2020 Italy Serie A Standing – Serie A Table