AS Roma today announced a collaboration with Maker Studios, the global leader of online short-form content, to create original digital content, expand their commercial partnerships and grow the brand’s overall digital presence working with gaming and sports focused talent around the globe.
The AS Roma YouTube channel has already garnered over 18 million cumulative views to date.
AS Roma has been making strides to transform its media division into a content-first, multi-platform business to serve its millions of fans around the globe and the Maker Studios relationship is another example of this expansion.
Together A.S. Roma and Maker Studios will:
• Develop and create original content featuring talent from Maker’s vast network
• Work to grow the AS Roma YouTube presence through channel management and optimization best practices
• Expand distribution of AS Roma content across digital platforms
• Extend AS Roma’s commercial reach creating unique branded entertainment initiatives and streamlined media sales
• Identify and recruit new creators to join an AS Roma sub-community of Maker focused specifically on gaming and sports content
Since kicking off the season in August, Maker Studios and AS Roma have already collaborated on content for the brand’s YouTube channel featuring talent ilvostrocaroDexter and iNoobChannel from the Illuminati Crew. The videos have garnered over a million views to date.
“Our relationship with Maker aligns perfectly with our vision to deliver great content to our fans wherever they choose to watch video across the world,” said Jim Pallotta, president of AS Roma. “We’re very excited to leverage both Maker’s scale and the creativity of talent in the network to expand our digital footprint.”
René Rechtman, head of international at Maker Studios added, “Jim and his team truly understand both the power of digital and the power of online talent and we look forward to creating great content together, identifying new stars, and working on innovative initiatives across the world of football.”