Hello my friends. Here are the results for the Serie A Week 9 – Ninth Round on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 October 2015.
What an exciting round!!! This Serie A season is just crazy, full of suspense. We have new leaders now! Yep. AS Roma are now the sole leaders of the Serie A after defeating Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi Stadium. Roma having now 20 points with a positive goal difference of +11. A painful defeat for Fiorentina as it is their ex player “Mohamed Salah” to open the score for Roma to set the victory!
Next round will be a super sprint race towards the Scudetto. There are 4 teams with 18 points meaning just 2 points below Roma! Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter, and Lazio all have the chance to claim the first position next week if Roma lose their home game against Udinese. Are you kidding me… I am so ready for next round to see if the leadership will change. Are you ready?
Highlight in this round is the debut of AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma with only 16 years old! Great debut as Milan defeated Sassuolo at the San Siro Stadium with a 2-1. Donnarumma becomes the youngest keeper in Serie A history!
Juventus gaining momentum after winning their 3rd game this season defeating Atalanta at the Juventus Stadium with a 2-0 goals by Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic. Key player was midfielder Paul Pogba providing the assist for both goals. Juventus have a long way to climb to the top if wanting to win their 5th consecutive Sccudetto being now with 12 points at -8 points below Roma.
Napoli also with an important victory defeating Chievo Verona at the Marc’Antonio Bentegodi Stadium thanks to the goal of forward Gonzalo Higuain.
News are in the relegation zone! Bologna went from the 20th to the 18th position after defeating Carpi in their own stadium. Carpi failing to win the home game falling now to the last position of the Table! Hero for Bologna is defender Adam Mesina scoring the winner goal in the 93rd minute!
Sampdoria crushing Hellas Verona at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium with a smacking 4-1! Ouch! Verona now in deep trouble and better archive this defeat to return to the winning road. Verona will play against Fiorentina at the Bentegodi next round…. This will be a game not to miss as Fiorentina will look to win the away game to get back to the first position….
The top scorer up to Round 9: Sampdoria forward Citadin Eder with 7 goals.
Top Serie A teams standing AFTER Serie A Week 9 games. First 3 qualifying for Champions League, 4 and 5 for Europa League.
–NAPOLI , 2nd position with 18 points and a positive goal difference of +11
– FIORENTINA 3rd positions with 18 points points and a positive goal difference of +8
– LAZIO, 5th position with 18 points and a positive goal difference of +1
– SASSUOLO, 6th position with 15 points and a negative goal difference of 2
Relegation Zone: HELLAS VERONA, 18th position with 5 points and a negative goal difference of -4
– CARPI, 19th position with 5 points and a negative goal difference of -11
– BOLOGNA, 20th position with 3 points and a negative goal difference of -9
2014 – 2015 Italy Serie A Standing
Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com
Italian Serie A Tickets for next 10 games
Saturday 24 October 2015
- Serie A Week 9/ 9ª Giornata /
- Carpi 1 – 2 Bologna, Goals: 24′ Gaetano Letizia (C), 47′ Daniele Gastaldello (B.), 93′
- Empoli 2 – 0 Genoa, Goals: 44’Rade Krunic (E), 57′ Piotr Zielinski(E)
- Palermo 1 – 1 Inter, Goals: 60′ Ivan Perisic (I), 66′ Alberto Gilardino (P)
Sunday 25 October 2015
- Juventus 2 – 0 Atalanta, Goals: 28′ Paulo Dybala (J), 49′ Mario Mandzukic (J)
- Fiorentina 1 – 2 AS Roma, Goals: 6′ Mohamed Salah (R), 34′ Gervinho (R), 94′ Khouma Babacar (F)
- Chievo Verona 0 – 1 Napoli, Goal: 59′ Gonzalo Higuain (N)
- AC Milan 2 – 1 Sassuolo, Goals: 31′ Carlos Bacca ((M)(pen), 53′ Domenico Berardi (S),
- Udinese 1 – 0 Frosinone, Goals: 20′ Francesco Lodi
- Lazio 3 – 0 Torino, Goals: 40′ Senad Lulic (L), 70′ Felipe Anderson (L), 94′ Felipe Anderson (L)
- Sampdoria 4 – 1 Hellas Verona, Goals:, 11′ Luis Muriel (S), 28′ Ervin Zukanovic (S), 45′ Roberto Soriano (S), 54′ Citadin Eder (S), 75′ Artur Ionita (H)