Hello, my friends. Here are the 2019-2020 Serie A Week 2 Results / Second Round on Friday 30, Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September 2019.
The Serie A leader is Inter with 6 points and a positive goal difference of +5. Inter claiming an away victory defeating Cagliari at the Sardegna Arena. The only 3 teams winning all 2 games and having 6 points are Inter, Juventus, and Torino.
What a thriller at the Allianz Stadium! Juventus leading with a 3-0 and then a total comeback. It seemed that Napoli got an energizing waking up to almost win the match putting a brave front to level for the 3-3. The game, ironically, is won by Juventus with the involuntary help by Napoli defender Koulibaly scoring an own goal for the final 4-3 giving Juventus the victory.
The Derby della Capitale ended with a 1-1 draw. The bragging rights to rule in Rome is divided with Lazio and Roma. It was not a good result for neither. Lazio were looking to win the match to get full credits while Roma failing to win their first game this season. Roma are now under pressure to start climbing the Serie A standing.
The Derby dell’Emilia claiming the full bragging rights is won by Bologna after defeating SPAL. The emotional derby witnessing the support of the fans to Bologna Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic directing the team while still recovering from Leukemia.
Italian Serie A Tickets for next 10 games
Results from Serie A Week 2
- Bologna 1 – 0 SPAL
- AC Milan 1 – 0 Brescia
- Juventus 4 – 3 Napoli
- Lazio 1 – 1 AS Roma
- Atalanta 2 – 3 Torino
- Cagliari 1 – 2 Inter
- Genoa 2 – 1 Fiorentina
- Lecce 0 – 1 Hellas Verona
- Sassuolo 4 – 1 Sampdoria
- Udinese 1 – 3 Parma
Top Serie A teams standing AFTER Serie A Week 1 game. First 4 qualifying for Champions League, 5 and 6 for Europa League. (as of Sunday 1 September 2019)
– JUVENTUS, 2nd position with 6 points and a positive goal difference of +2
– TORINO, 3rd positions with 6 points and a positive goal difference of +2
– GENOA, 5th position with 4 points and a positive goal difference of +1
– BOLOGNA, 6th position with 4 points and a positive goal difference of +1
– CAGLIARI, 18th position with 0 points and a negative goal difference of -2
– LECCE, 19th position with 0 points and a negative goal difference of -5
– SPAL, 20th position with 0 points and a negative goal difference of -6
2019 – 2020 Italy Serie A Standing – Table