Hello, my friends. Here are the 2018-2019 Serie A Week 38 Results / Thirty-eighth Round on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May 2019. This is the end of the season.
Here is the final verdict. Juventus is the winner of the 2018-2019 Serie A Scudetto. The top scorer of the Serie A is Sampdoria forward Fabio Quagliarella with 26 goals.
- Teams playing the Champions League: Juventus, Napoli, Atalanta, and Inter.
- Teams playing the Europa League: AC Milan and AS Roma.
- Three teams relegated to the Serie B: Empoli, Frosinone, and Chievo Verona.
- Top scorer of the Serie A: Sampdoria forward Fabio Quagliarella with 26 goals followed by Atalanta forward Duvan Zapata with 23 goals, AC Milan forward Piatek Krzysztof with 22 goals, Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo with 21 goals, and Napoli forard Arkadiusz Milik with 17 goals.
Juventus finished the season with a defeat at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium. Sampdoria defeated Juventus “Italy’s Champions” with a flat 2 – 0 with the goals by Gregoire Defrel and Gianluca Caprari. It’s a boost for Sampdoria giving this splendid gift to their fans. Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri saluted the team ending his period as Coach: winning five Serie A Scudetto and four Coppa Italia.
- Juventus finished in the 1st position with 90 points, won 28 games, 6 draws, losing 4 and a positive goal difference of +40.
- Sampdoria finished in the 9th position with 53 points, won 15 games, 8 draws, 15 lost and a positive goal difference of +9.
Napoli ending the season in the 2nd position with 79 points winning 24 games, 7 draws, and losing 7 with a positive goal difference of +38. Bologna had a moderate season winning 11 games, 11 draws, and losing 16 with a negative goal difference of -8.
The Roman gladiators saluted Captain Daniele De Rossi with a victory at the Olimpico di Roma Stadium: Roma 2-1 Parma. De Rossi made his 616th final appearance with the team while the fans out poured their gratitude for him. A very emotional farewell with fans applauding and crying for the beloved De Rossi. Roma qualified for the UEFA Europa League next season.
- AS Roma finished in the 6th position with 66 points winning 18 games, 12 draws, and losing 8 with a positive goal difference of +18. Parma finished in the 14th position with 41 points winning 10 games, 11 draws, and 17 lost with a negative goal difference of -20.
Empoli, Frosinone and Chievo Verona said goodbye to the Serie A and were relegated to the Serie B. Frosinone ended in the 19th and Chievo Verona in the 20th position. The match between the last two teams of the Serie A Standing ended with a goalless draw Frosinone 0 – 0 Chievo. Highlight of the match is the salute of Chievo Captain Sergio Pellissier playing his last game.
- Frosinone won only 5 games, 10 draws, and losing 23 games having a negative goal difference of -40. Chievo Verona won only 2 games, 14 draws, and losing 22 games with a negative goal difference of -50.
Italian Serie A Tickets for next 10 games
Results from Serie A Week 38
- Frosinone 0 – 0 Chievo Verona
- Bologna 3 – 2 Napoli
- Sampdoria 2 – 0 Juventus
- AS Roma 1 – 0 Parma (in progress)
- Atalanta 3 – 1 Sassuolo
- Torino 3 – 1 Lazio
- Cagliari 1 – 2 Udinese
- Fiorentina 0 – 0 Genoa
- Inter 2 – 1 Empoli
- SPAL 2 – 3 AC Milan
Top Serie A teams standing AFTER Serie A Week 38 game. First 4 qualifying for Champions League, 5 and 6 for Europa League. (as of Sunday 26 May 2019)
– NAPOLI, 2nd position with 79 points and a positive goal difference of +38
– ATALANTA, 3rd positions with 69 points and a positive goal difference of +31
– AC MILAN, 5th position with 68 points and a positive goal difference of +19
– AS ROMA, 6th position with 66 points and a positive goal difference of +18
– EMPOLI, 18th position with 38 points and a negative goal difference of -19
– FROSINONE, 19th position with 25 points and a negative goal difference of -40
– CHIEVO VERONA, 20th position with 17 points and a negative goal difference of -50