FIFA announcing the match officials for match 61 of the FIFA World Cup™, the first semi-final between Brazil and Germany on Tuesday 8 July 2014 at the Estadio Mineirao in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Referee Marco Rodriguez, 40 years old, from Mexico, will direct the game. Rodriguez will be assisted by Marvin Torrentera and Marcos Quintero both from Mexico while fourth official is Mark Geiger from the United States.
Stats about Referee Marco Rodriguez:
- Rodriguez has officiated the group-stage matches Belgium v. Algeria and Italy v. Uruguay.
- Brazil 2014 is the third FIFA World Cup™ for Rodríguez and he refereed two games at each of the last two editions.
- In 2010, one of his matches was Germany’s 4-0 victory over Australia.
- Rodríguez has been selected for several international tournaments, including five editions of the CONCACAF Gold Cup (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013), the Copa América 2004, the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2009 and three FIFA U-17 World Cups (2003, 2005 and 2013).
- At club level, Rodriguez has refereed three CONCACAF Champions League finals, and his most prestigious assignment was the final of the FIFA Club World Cup 2007 between Boca Juniors and AC Milan. He later oversaw Al Ahly v. Corinthians in the 2012 semi-finals of the same competition.
Photo fifa.com / Getty Images
Italian Serie A Players in the World Cup Semifinal Brazil vs Germany.
- AS Roma Defender Maicon,
- Napoli defender Henrique, and
- Inter Milan midfielder Hernanes
Germany: 2 Italian Serie A player with Germany National Football team:
- Lazio forward Miroslav Klose,
- Sampdoria defender Shkodran Mustafi (not playing in this game because it is injured)