By Anna Italia
Follow me in Twitter @ItalianSerieA
Supports Serie A Players with their National Teams
There are 8 Italian Serie A players called up in the World Cup Group C game, Colombia vs Japan on Tuesday 24 June 2014 ending Japan 1 – 4 Colombia. Italian Soccer Serie A congratulates our Serie A players with Colombia passing to the World Cup Round of 16 as group leader with 9 points and Greece in second position with 4points . Colombia are in Group C: Greece, Ivory Coast, Colombia, and Japan.
Curiously, 2 Inter Milan players playing against each other. Inter midfielder Fredy Guarin for Colombia and Inter defender Yuto Nagatomo with Japan.
Inter defender Yuto Nagatomo
6 Italian Serie A players named in Colombia National Football team by Head Coach Jose Pekerman:
- Atalanta defender Mario Yepes, did not play, listed among the subs.
- AC Milan defender Cristian Zapata, did not play, listed among the subs.
- Napoli defender Camilo Zuniga, did not play, listed among the subs.
- Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin, got a yellow card in the 63rd minute after a foul on Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa. Played all 90 minutes.
- Cagliari midfielder Victor Ibarbo, did not play, listed among the subs.
- Fiorentina midfielder Juan Guillero Cuadrado, converted a penalty in the 17th minute, played all 90 minutes.
Japan: 2 Italian Serie A players with Japan National Football team:
- Inter Milan defender Yuto Nagatomo, got a yellow card in the 16th minute and played all 90 minutes.
- AC Milan forward Keisuke Honda, played all 90 minutes
Photo Juan Cuadrado Facebook Official Page
Italian Serie A Players in FIFA World Cup Group C Standing:
|World Cup Group C Standing Teams||MP||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts|
Japan 1 – 4 Colombia
Tuesday 24 June 2014
16:00 Local Time