Hello, my friends. Here are the Serie A Week 34 Results – Roundup, Thirty-fourth Round on Friday 28, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 April 2017. There are 4 more games to end the Season on Sunday May 28 with 12 available points. Juventus unable to win the away game at the Atleti Azzurri D’Italia Stadium ending with a draw. Atalanta 2 – 2 Juventus.
The absolute leader of the Serie A continues to be Juventus with 84 points almost ready to collect their 6th Consecutive Scudetto.
We might say there were 2 upsets in this round, if we consider the 2 main local games lost their respective games losing precious points. First upset is AS Roma vs Lazio at the Olimpico di Roma Stadium. On paper, Roma were favorites to win this Derby
First upset is AS Roma vs Lazio at the Olimpico di Roma Stadium. On paper, Roma were favorites to win this Derby della Capitale. Yet, Lazio had a different script and claimed the bragging rights to rule the City of Rome after defeating the Roman gladiators: AS Roma 1 – 3 Lazio.
Second upset is Inter vs Napoli at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium. Inter had everything to win this home game knowing they needed this victory to keep the dream alive to grab a spot in the Europa League next zone. Napoli also needed to win this away game to keep up the race towards the second position for the direct qualification to the Champions League next season. Well, hello, hello, hello…. Napoli defeated Inter thanks to the goal by Spanish forward José Callejón. Inter 0 – 1 Napoli.
Here is the importance of Napoli’s victory…. they are now just -1 point below AS Roma!!! It means the second position might change next round……
A good result as far as for the salvation battle ist hat of Palermo defeating Fiorentina at the Renzo Barbera Stadium. Palermo 2 – 0 Fiorentina. Palermo, mathematically speaking, can still dream with salvation to avoid relegation to the Serie B next season. Also, Crotone managing to stop AC Milan ending with a draw to claim at least 1 point and dream with salvation. Crotone 1 – 1 AC Milan. Not the same “hope” for Pescara by now winning only 2 games this season is ready to be relegated to the Serie B.
||Wins||Draws||Lost||Goals scored||Goals against
The top scorer of the Serie A: AS Roma forward Edin Dzeko and Torino forward Andrea Belotti with 25 goals each.
Top Serie A teams standing AFTER Serie A Week 34 games. First 3 qualifying for Champions League, 4 and 5 for Europa League.
– AS ROMA 2nd position with 75 points and a positive goal difference of +44
– NAPOLI 3rd positions with 74 points and a positive goal difference of +43
– ATALANTA 5th position with 64 points and a positive goal difference of +19
– AC MILAN 6th position with 59 points and a positive goal difference of +13
– CROTONE, 18th position with 25 points and a negative goal difference of -25
– PALERMO, 19th position with 19 points and a negative goal difference of -44
– PESCARA, 20th position with 14 points and a negative goal difference of -43
2016- 2017 Italy Serie A Standing
Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com
– Watch Serie A Matches Live with fubo PRO games including Juventus, AS Roma, AC Milan, Inter, Napoli
Italian Serie A Tickets for next 10 games
Serie A Week 34 / 34a Giornata
Friday 28 April 2017
- Atalanta 2 – 2 Juventus, Goals: 45′ Andrea Conti (A), 50′ Leonardo Spinazzola (own goal), 83′ Dani Alves (J), 89′ RemoFreuler (A)
Saturday 29 April 2017
- Torino 1 – 1 Sampdoria, Goals: 12′ Patrik Schick (S), 78′ Juan Iturbe (T)
Sunday 30 April 2017
- AS Roma 1 – 3 Lazio, Goals: 12′ Keita Balde Diao (L), 45′ Daniele De Rossi (R)(pen), 50′ Dusan Basta (L), 85′ Keita Balde Diao (L)
- Crotone 1 – 1 AC Milan, Goals: 8′ Marcello Trotta (C), 50′ Gabriel Paletta (M)
- Inter 0 – 1 Napoli, Goals: 43′ José Callejón (N)
- Palermo 2 – 0 Fiorentina, Goals: 32′ Alessandro Diamanti (P), 90′ Haitam Aleesami (P)
- Genoa 1 – 2 Chievo Verona, Goals: 43′ Goran Pandev (G), 60′ Samuel Bastien (C), 70′ Valter Birsa (C)
- Empoli 1- 3 Sassuolo, Goals: 19′ Federico Peluso (S), 24′ Manuel Pucciarelli (E)(pen), 34′ Alessandro M: atri (S), 57′ Alfred Duncan (S)
- Cagliari 1 – 0 Pescara, Goals: 23′ João Pedro (C)(pen)
- Bologna 4 – 0 Udinese, Goals: 2′ Mattia Destro (B.), 45′ Saphir Taider (B.), 59′ Mattia Destro (B.), 68′ Danilo (own goal)